Roll Up? Retractable? Pull Up? Stand?

Banner Stand

Retractable Banner Stand

Well OK, you can picture it in your mind because you saw one at the last trade show you went to, but what do you call that thing?

The correct technical term is a retractable banner stand, which is quite a mouthful. In my opinion, the biggest problem with the product is that the average user doesn’t know what to call it! We hear Roll Up, Pull Up, Telescoping, or just plain old Banner Stand, you’d be amazed.

What I do know about this product is how wonderfully versatile they are. Since they are self-contained, you can put up a message with no need to worry about how you are going to hang it up, and you can move it around if you need to. At the end of the day they retract into the metal can and are easily carried and shipped.

One thing we have disovered is the need to use the right material in them. Vinyl tends to stretch when put in tension, and over a period of time, they will curl in at the edges.  We use a mylar film when we make a banner stand, and it doesn’t curl in. We’ve had several of them standing in the place for a few years now, as flat as the day they were made!

About Jay Buckley

Owner of MegaPrint Inc.
This entry was posted in Banner Stands and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.